2nd – CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) UPDATE 03/20/2020
The Benefit Trucking Family understands the high uncertainty that is plaguing the minds of many. You have our commitment that during this unprecedented time in our Nation’s history we will remain committed to transparency and decency, and increase our communication with each one of you to make information available as soon possible. To this end below are recent updates:
- HMD TRANSPORT, our in-house brokerage is an approved FEMA Carrier.
- The Benefit Trucking Family is committed to participating in the Nations relief efforts.
- We are working around the clock to remain current regarding any changes that could possibly affect our fleet’s operation.
- As an incentive to all of our drivers, making critical deliveries during this time we are announcing that any direct relief related freight that we did not previously haul will be subject to a bonus of $45/load, subject to managerial approval, while the National Emergency Declaration remains in force or until further notice.
- We clearly understand that you have many other concerns and questions. We are an open door company and welcome all of your inquiries.
- Beware – there is a lot of information from media outlets and social media that may not be reliable. Please check with official sources to verify any information before deciding upon its authenticity.
- Many delivery and pick-up locations may have increased on-site checkpoints, precautions, or limit facility access to reduce the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19), we ask that you exhibit patience and compliance.
- It is our goal to be proactive regarding any potential changes that could affect current methods of operation. We will continue to monitor this extremely fluid situation and will adjust as necessary to position our drivers and equipment into areas of need.
- In the event that there is a nationwide lockdown, load shortage, or any emergency need we will provide live information and instructions as the situation dictates.
We will continue to expand our websites for additional information and updates as they become available, where you may also find useful links and Q&A.
DEAR BENEFIT TRUCKING LLC DRIVING TEAMMATES 03/19/2020
The health and safety of our employees is our highest priority. With that said, we want to take a moment to update you about the steps we are taking to address our shared health and safety concerns in response to Coronavirus (COVID-19).
As you know, Coronavirus (COVID-19) can be spread by coughing, sneezing and through close contact with an infected person or object carrying the virus. To help prevent its spread please takes steps of frequent hand washing and use of hand sanitizers, avoid close contact to include everyday greetings, and disinfect tools and equipment. We are actively monitoring official guidance from the Center of Disease Control (CDC) and the World Health Organization and will communicate any findings with our teammates.
Recently the Federal Motor Carrier Administration has issued a 50-state waiver to the Hours of Service Rule for commercial vehicle drivers transporting goods related the COVID-19 outbreak. With the exemption of the COVID-19 HOS suspension, all other HOS Rules and Regulations remain the same. If BENEFIT TRUCKING LLC acquires one of these special commodity loads, we will notify you immediately. BENEFIT TRUCKING LLC will not force any of our driving teammates to driver ill, fatigued or otherwise unable to operate a commercial motor vehicle safely.
Lastly, be advised that our Executive Leadership team meets regularly to discuss business continuity as this challenge of the COVID-19 continues to unfold. It is critically important to us that we continue providing exceptional customer service and on-time delivery during this most challenging time, while taking the necessary precautions to educate and protect our employees, partners, and communities at large.
We here at BENEFIT TRUCKING LLC would like to thank you for all your hard work and dedication to our team.
(CDC) How to Protect Yourself
(CDC) How to Manager Anxiety & Stress
FMCSA HOS Rules and Regulations
PA Rest Areas and Welcome Centers Closed
- Will the HOS suspension influence BENEFIT TRUCKING LLC? A. NO, currently all HOS rules and regulations remain the same for BENEFIT TRUCKING LLC.
- Will this COVID-19 Virus have any effect on BENEFIT TRUCKING LLC? A. Currently we do not see this having a negative influence on BENEFIT TRUCKING LLC’s operations. Executive Leadership team meets regularly to discuss business continuity as this challenge of the COVID 19 continues to unfold.
- What should we expect as a driver for BENEFIT TRUCKING LLC? A. As a driver for BENEFIT TRUCKING LLC, is still and always will be to continue providing exceptional customer service and on-time delivery during this most challenging time, while taking the necessary precautions to stay safe. Our operations team will provide you with the tools and resources to help achieve this.
- Is the trucking industry being shut down to all nonessential trucks? A. NO, the trucking industry currently remains the same. There are new laws for HOS to help with the COVID-19 outbreak. Any new updates will be communicated with our driving teammates as soon as possible.
Should you have any challenges along the way, don’t hesitate to reach out for help: